Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New SBGi BJJ brown belt!

Congratulations to SBGi Coach Rick Davison, Rick recieved his brown belt in BJJ on Feb 9th from Matt Thornton!

Rick with his brother and fellow SBGi Coach Travis Davison


A note from Matt:

"In my Ten Years of Coaching BJJ I have only awarded 3 brown belts, and one black belt. Those were to Jonathan Wright of FLA, John Kavanagh of SBG Ireland, and Karl Tanswell of SBGi_UK. My only black belt to date is Luis Gutierrez. Rick is the first person to ever receive a brown belt from my own Gym in Portland Oregon. Rick has been training for almost seven Years here in Portland, and his game is fantastic. I am very proud to have Rick be Portland's first ever brown belt."

Rick will be traveling and coaching alongside Matt on the Ireland tour, which starts on Feb 16th is Dublin, and proceeds to Belfast and Dunegal.